Douglas County's Amazon Alexa skill called Ask Douglas County, offers a new way to better serve and inform citizens for their questions about calendar of events and services.
Ask 'Douglas County' provides a new way for citizens to connect with their local governments, allowing a user to verbally inquire about a subject in a conversational way. Alexa is Amazon’s cloud-based voice service which connects to the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show and other Alexa-enabled devices such as Fire TV, Amazon Tap, Fire Tablets, and more.
Once the skill is enabled, users can use voice commands with Alexa to ask ‘Douglas County’ about:
- Up-to date county news ...“Alexa, ask Douglas County, what’s new?”
- Local family-friendly events ...“Alexa, ask Douglas County, what events are occurring this month?”
- Road closures ... “Alexa, ask Douglas County, if there are any closures?”
- Property value and taxes ...“Alexa, ask Douglas County, how do I pay my property tax?”
- County services ... “Alexa, ask Douglas County, how do I find out about county finances?”